SILVERSEA CRUISE:

Silversea founded in 1992 by the Lefebvre D'Ovidio family from Rome owns 90% of the company the other 10% are in hands of V-Ship. The company is based at Monaco.

July 2018  Royal Caribbean purchase a 66.7% equity stake in Silversea Cruises, based on an enterprise value of appr. $2 billion. Manfredi Lefebvre  d'Ovidio will remain Executive Chairman of Silversea and retain 33.3% stake.  

Fleet consist in 2018 of: 4 expedition ships and 5 cruiseships. To date the biggest is  Silver Muse of 40.700 tons. On order are 5 ships.
The two smaller ships and the expedition ships are
rated by Cruising and Cruiseships of Douglas Ward with 4 stars plus.
The three bigger ships with 5 stars.

Silversea’s small luxury ships are designed for those who delight in the thrill of discovery while indulging mind and body in the most lavish surroundings imaginable. All accommodations are spacious, ocean-view suites that include butler service,and most include private verandas.

Silversea expedition ships sail to all seven continents. Silversea acquired Canodros SA - Ecuador including expedition ship Galapagos Explorer II - From sept.2013 ship sails for Silversea under new name Silver Galapagos. The expedition division consist of 3 ships at the moment. In 2017 Silversea Cruises announced it will move Silver Cloud after an intensive refurbishment to its luxury expedition fleet in November 2017

For all ships please visit Fleetlist under S - Silversea

Sisterships  "Silver Cloud" and "Silver Wind".
Both built in: 1994 - Tonnage 16.927 gt. - Passenger based on 2:  296 - Crew: 210 - Silversea has an "all in cruise concept."


"Silver Cloud" from 2017 sails as expedition ship.
 The 2 other ships the  "Silver Shadow" en "Silver Whisper" are a slighty bigger. Built in:  2000 en 2001 - Tonnage: 28.258 gt. - Passenger based on 2: 338 - Crew: 295.
  


"SILVER WHISPER"

First expedition cruiseship of Silversea the "Prince Albert II" renamed april 2011 in "Silver Explorer"

Newbuild "Silver Spirit" since end 2009 in operation and at that time the largest ship in the fleet with 36.009 gt. In 2017 follow by the Silver Muse of 40.700 tons.

Silver Muse the largest and newest ship in the fleet of Silversea. Tonnage: 40.700 built Fincantieri Italy enter service 2017

              Deze Italiaanse rederij is de absolute top. Schepen alleen met buitenhutten en de cruiseprijs is "all-in"
             This Italian Company is top-ranking. All ships with outside cabins only and "all-in"service in cruiseprice.

dutch cruise site. all rights reserved.
update dec. 11-2018